2014/03/02

Rainy Los Angeles Downtown Runs

I spent several days in Los Angeles this week and I could put in two runs. The weather was not very warm - that was unexpected.   I was lucky (?) to see rare Southern California rain during my stay.

My first run was Wednesday.  It was cloudy and cool.

I stayed at a hotel at LA Live!

This is a strange painting at a parking lot.

I learned that they do have some public transportation.


The second time I could run was Friday.  I got hit by a pretty heavy rain.


Some stores are mainly for Spanish speaking people.

The lake at MacArthur Park.

There were geese and ducks enjoying the wet weather.

A major freeway that runs by LA downtown.

A famous hotel in downtown.

Umbrellas were actually used on that morning by pedestrians.

The statue of legendary basketball player -  Magic Johnson by Staples Center.

I learned that the rain - or rather the storm - was one of the most severe ones in the recent history for Los Angeles.  It actually caused some power outages.  The city is not used to getting so much rain.

No comments: