2013/12/01

Kigali and Rusumo - Rwanda

My next stop was Rwanda.  Flew from Addis Ababa to Kigali, their capital city.

This is a view from my airplane window.  There are some dry lands.

Kigali Airport

Rwanda at this time of the year was greener than Ethiopia.

There were many motorcycle taxis.

I then got driven to the country side - towards the boarder with Tanzania.

Bananas are abundant.

These trees have many Weaver Bird nests - very noisy and busy.

Nests are very skillfully made (by male birds) - amazing!  But this one was on the ground - it usually means the female bird did not like it.
Villigers - especially children were very friendly.

These children came to greet me to be photographed.  Altitude of this house was about 1,500 meters (about 5,000 ft.)  I had a very good hill workout.

Houses and landscape were interesting - very hilly.

An anthill - this was actually on Tanzania side.

No comments: