2012/04/25

Tokushima Run

I had an overnight trip to Tokushima City this week. It is in the same prefecture as the snowy mountain I visited not even three weeks ago, but the weather was so different. The temp. was already at 16 deg. C (60 deg. F) at 5:30 am this morning. I decided to run up Mt. Bizan, a small mountain in Tokushima.

Here's the mountain seen from just outside of my hotel.

This is one of many entrances ways to the mountain.

It was like a jungle in there - very steep hills.

There was a big rock on the way to the top with some memos engraved on it.

There was a nice park at the top - this is a gazebo that was given to the city of Tokushima by its sister city in the US, Saginaw, Michigan in 1989.

A statue of Wenceslau José de Sousa de Moraes.  He was a Portugese that lived in Japan from 1899 until his death in 1913.


A beautiful cherry flowers.

A view of Tokushima City from the mountain top.

Another view from the top.

A bad thing was that I forgot to bring my running shoes.  I did the climbing and running in my work shoes.

I finished my hill workout at this Shrine - Seimicho Kannon-ji. 



No comments: