2011/03/27

Shinjuku Today

I went to Shinjuku to meet with a friend today. The station is of course the busiest train station in the whole Japan. Before the earthquake, it was very well lighted, but now, with Tokyo Electric Power Company's loss of nuclear power plants, everyone is helping with saving energy.

This is the South Entrance of JR Shinjuku Station - this is around 5:00 pm.

There also were several groups that were calling for donations for the victims of the disaster.

This is the advertisement of the newest Shinkansen service towards Tohoku region that commenced on March 5, but it is of course not operational since the earthquake (March 11).

Inside JR Shinjuku station - lights were dimmed.

Keio Line station.

Even lights of show windows were turned off.

Here is the high rises during during the day - could tell most of the lights were turned off.

Looking towards the same building at around 7:30 pm (different angle) - very dark.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Mr
Here is Bojan Milan Koncarevic writing to You honorably
Thank you for Your possible attention
However
I am the last year doctoral student at The University of Tokyo
I am about finalizing my final degree work and
thereby i would be very direct
Is it possible and if You would allow me
with all the credits that i would put forward in my work
about Your data
that i can use the photos from Your folder
at Blogger account .. some photos
you made in Japan etc
..
If so please could You tell me what is the procedure of sending me
an approval for it .. written one for example even through this site
My gmail address is awebojan2701@gmail.com
[please mail me if i am allowed to use the photos]
and You can check my name at Google Kuma Lab blog etc..
I have not been there in these several years of my being here
and your material would help e a lot
Thank you so much
With looking forward Your urgent reply
Sincerely Yours
Bojan Koncarevic