2009/11/23

Nice walk in the park

I was supposed to run a marathon yesterday (Tsukuba). Unfortunately, I had to abort the idea when I got a sudden knee pain on Thursday. Guess I have to rest for a while and re-start training so I will be fit to run again.

It is a holiday in Japan today (Labor Thanksgiving Day). I had a nice walk in Inokashira Park with our puppy this morning. It was sunny, warm and nice with still autumn colored leaves hanging on to our enjoyment. There were many people out that were enjoying the weather.

Hyotan Ike (Pond) reflects the bicycle rider over the little bridge.
A girl enjoys the swing.
Pigeons lined up on tree branches.
Many of the trees are cherries, maples, and pines.

Visitors can rent boats - some are shaped like swans.

1 comment:

dbp said...

That is too bad you got injured right before your marathon. I got injured right after the New York marathon. It still stinks to be injured, but at least I got to run the race.