2009/05/01

Maebashi City Run

I participated in a half marathon in Maebashi, Gunma Prefecture last Sunday. This was my fourth consecutive year running it. The temperature was a bit warm, but winds were cool.

Although my finish time of 1:44:00 was not my best record, I enjoyed the run in a beautiful course.

Runners waiting for the start of the race.  Some 1,600 runners participated this year.

Here’s a picture taken by my friend at the start of the run (I am not photographed).

I stayed at an inn at Onogami Hot Springs – next morning of the half-marathon, I could take an easy jog in a beautiful countryside.


I also visited the future Yamba Dam site. It is too bad that this area will be under water someday.

2 comments:

dbp said...

That is a pretty good time. I can never run the day after a race though--I am so sore I can barely walk.

After the Boston Marathon, it took me almost a week to feel better and then I had a 10k 6 days later, so a pretty rough week all around.

datadawak said...

Thank you for your comment. My time of the same run the year before was 4 min. faster. Considering all the traveling, spring allergy problems, and not enough training, I have to be happy with it.

I played some soccer yesterday and I am very sore this morning. I guess I'd better take it easy and let my body recover.