2009/04/19

A very short visit to Quebec

I had a very short trip to Quebec last week.
The day I left Tokyo, our high temperature was almost 25 deg. C (77 deg. F), but when I arrived at the Montreal Airport, it was 0 deg. C (32deg. F)!

Next morning, I could take a jog around the hotel I stayed – in Boucherville.
Air was cold and crisp – I noticed that the surfaces of creeks were frozen (Temp. was -1 deg. C).

The temperature rose to a comfortable level during the day and it was beautiful.

I wish I had more time, but I guess it was better than not being there at all.

Here's a scenery close from the hotel I stayed in Boucherville.

My Canadian friends tell me that this restaurant is the heart and soul of Canada.

Frozen lakes seen from the airplane we took.

The city of Montreal seen from the same airplane on the way back.

I understand that they have annual Montreal Marathon in September.  Maybe I will be able to participate in it some day.

No comments: