2009/03/01

Battle of Weather Systems

As I reported earlier, we've had a quite a warm winter, but of course, we've had some cold days, too.

Today's already March 1. We had a cloudy and cold morning, but now the sun's out and it is warming up.

In the last part of February, we've seen the battle of weather systems - Winter and Spring.
Here are photos from Tamako Cycling Road on 21 Feb. - my wife and I had a nice long run in the sun. The "cycling road" is really shared by cyclists and walkers/runners. I think, actually there are more walkers and joggers than cyclists. Below are photos of Lake Tama (Tamako) last weekend.






Two days ago on 27 Feb. we had some snow. I had my camera setting wrong so the pictures turned out overexposed, but it was coming down very hard for a while. The photos below were taken from my office window.





Then, yesterday, when we went for another run on the cycling road, it was very warm. There were many plum blossoms of colors white and pink. We also saw some birds of spring.

This sakura tree had fully blossomed flowers! They were truly beautiful.


Below photo is what the trail looks like most of the way to the lake.

The spring is definitely on its way!

1 comment:

eonosonokawapopai said...

eonos9?