2008/12/07

Boston

I had a trip to Boston, Massachusetts last week. I left Tokyo on Monday afternoon and got there on the same day in the evening (via Washington Dulles).

In the afternoon of Wednesday, I was able to visit a friend of mine from high school. It was so nice to see him after some 25 years! It is nice for he is also a runner (we were team mates in cross country and track teams). He actually ran a marathon about a month ago and qualified for next year's Boston Marathon! He could give me good tips on improving my time. We had a very limited time, but could do some catching up. Also, it was very nice to meet his lovely wife, daughters, and a puppy.

I could not get myself to take a jog until Thursday, because I felt the damaged from the marathon and also the jet lag.

My hotel was at Kendall Square. I ran along the Charles River, crossed over the Longfellow Bridge. Air was cool and crisp in the morning. The bridge was surprisingly very corroded - a subway trains ran on it, aside from automobiles.

Then on the other side, I could continue down on the riverside on an nice park. I encountered many runners in this city of a famous marathon. Crossed back to the MIT side on the Harvard Bridge and came back through a part of MIT campus.This was only about a 5K run, but considering my health, it was good enough.


Above: the view of MIT from the other side of Charles River.

Above: the view of Boston from Harvard Bridge

On MIT campus, saw the CSAIL building - very unusual architecture.


As the airplane left Logan Airport, I could see the entire area where I jogged.

2 comments:

dbp said...

In fact the subway that we took goes over that bridge if you take it inbound, instead of outbound as we did.

nosadawak said...

Good!!