2008/11/01

Taipei

I visited Taipei , Capital city of Taiwan, earlier this week. It was about 4- hour flight from Tokyo. When I stepped out of the airplane, noticed that the weather was much warmer than Tokyo. The city's latitude is even more south compared to Okinawa and Miami, FL.

Running in the city of Taipei was a bit tricky from my hotel. I had to run mostly on sidewalks of busy streets (or maybe I just was not very familiar with the city). There were many traffic lights, so I had to stop often.

The city was a mish-mash of old and new – traditional Chinese architecture and parks as well as ultra-modern business buildings. I only stayed for 2 nights, but ate a lot of Chinese food!

Sunrise shows Taipei 101 in overwhelming height.


Zhongshan Park




Buddhist temple on a top of a building

2 comments:

dbp said...

Ah Taiwan, I have always wanted to go there. Because of my interest I have learned interesting things about the place:

Japan in the past had control of many parts of Asia and this led to hard feelings in many of these places, but Taiwan is an exception. I don't fully understand the historical reasons--possibly it is that the Chinese Nationalists didn't treat the natives as well as the Japanese had done.

Since Taiwan did not endure a cultural revolution like the mainland did, Chinese culture (including food) is more authentic than on the mainland.

nosadawak said...

Did you eat nice food?